PRAYING FOR AN UNSAVED PERSON
1. First I must know that I am in
total oneness with the will of God in my own life. I pray and search my heart.
2. Pray I will be able to show
Christ to this person by my actions, words, and love.
3. Pray for perseverance, because
years may pass before this person comes to know Christ.
4. Pray for the opportunity to be
able to witness to this person.
5. Pray God will send someone
into the life of this person who will be the key to his or her coming to know
6. Pray God will begin to speak
to this person and deal with his or her life.
7. Pray God will begin to soften
8. Pray for an obedient heart.
9. Pray s/he will be wise in the
decisions s/he makes.
10. Pray s/he may know “how wide
and long and high and deep the love of Christ is, and know this love surpasses
knowledge” (Eph. 3:18-19).
11. Pray s/he will come to the
point that s/he will hate sin.
12. Imagine him/her discovering
God at work.
13. Ask, “What about God, if it
were known, would attract him/her to God?”
14. Ask, “How can I leak the good
news about God?”
15. Pray God’s love will be
16. Pray God’s people will
multiply prevenient (love that goes before salvation) grace.
17. Pray God’s people will become
sensitive to the openness of the unsaved.
18. Pray the ear of the
unbeliever will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s speaking.
19. Pray the unbeliever will open
his/ her social circle to the Christian and the Christian to the unsaved.
20. Pray the unbeliever will see
God at work in his/her life.
21. Pray s/he will re-envision
God to be loving, just, good, and ultimately desirable.
22. Pray s/he will long for
personal peace and freedom from guilt.
23. Pray s/he will desire to
24. Ask, “What can I do or say
today to bring Your light to their world?”